Sunday, 3 January 2016

Week 1 - Self Portrait

Salutations!

It's 2016, a new year! New beginnings, new years resolutions.... clichés.


Clichés that I buy into though. I do love a good New Year's resolution. So, this year, one of my resolutions is to post every week on this blog. I am going to do it with the help of this website, which has a weekly photography challenge. I will then share my photo(s) on here, along with whatever weekly ramblings I have. I may well make other posts too, but these are the main, scheduled thing. I will probably (hopefully) upload them every Sunday.

2015 was a year of self-discovery for me, but not really in a very shareable way. It was unsettling, in a good way though. 2016 will probably be just as busy, but hopefully in a more settled way.

I used this week's challenge in a slightly different way than was suggested. A self-portrait is usually about capturing your essence in an artistic manner. I decided to use it to give myself confidence about being in photographs. Because, while I love taking photographs, I usually really don't like it when I'm in them.

So this challenge to me was more of an internal one, to prove to myself that I could look not just pretty, but beautiful in a photo. To look at a photo of me and be able to think to myself that I honestly look good.

And while quite a few of them were very silly, it was fun, and you know what? In at least one of them, I think I do look beautiful.

 photo SelfPortrait10_zpspbafye76.jpg photo SelfPortrait6_zpsa8zfli0j.jpg photo SelfPortrait1_zpsv4b2uofp.jpg photo SelfPortrait5_zps4xsv8tou.jpg photo SelfPortrait2_zpsfduiyze1.jpg photo SelfPortrait7_zpsh4calroq.jpg photo SelfPortrait3_zpstosaoi0r.jpg photo SelfPortrait8_zpsgxl8e5qv.jpg




5 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that you're doing one of the 52 week challenges, hopefully it will keep me motivated to actually finish my one for this year!
    I can't wait to see more of your photos, you have such a great eye for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as brave as you, I would not show my photos at all, but it's great that you could. fun pics!

    have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em, you are beautiful. In fact you have grown even more than when I first got to know you. I look forward to your weekly posts! I kind of missed you in this space!

    Lovelots, Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so pretty Em!!

    Happy belated New Year! xx

    http://jesandbleu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful Emma, It's so nice to see your face on this page! :) I've missed it! Need more Emma in my life haha

    I'm excited to follow your weekly challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...