In the first part of this advent calendar tutorial, I showed you how to make an advent calendar, so this part is going to be about what to put in your advent calendar.
This is primarily based off an advent calendar I made two years ago for a friend of mine, Laura (I know she'll read this and get excited about seeing her name, so here you are Laura), which is what is in the picture. It was really fun to make, and I think it makes a really special Christmas present if you have the time.
Things to put in an Advent Calendar:
Things you can buy;
- Lollies and chocolates (just getting the obvious one out of the way first)
- Tealight candles (or bigger ones depending on the size of your calendar)
- Christmas decorations
Things you can make;
- Cookies (stain-glass ones are fun for Christmas)
- Origami pixie books ;)
- Pressed flowers
- A fortune teller ;)
- Handmade Christmas decorations
- Print out sheet music to a song they like and doodle on it and make it awesome! :)
- Print out a recipe to food they really like, or copy a recipe of yours that they love to eat when they come around
Things you can write;
- A coded message with the decoder
- Inspirational quotes (making them relevant to the person is a good idea) :)
- Translate a message into another language that they know a little or a lot of
- Write down 10 things you love about them (this would be awesome just to do the whole calendar like this actually)
- A letter/stream of consciousness
There you go then. I know it's quite close to the 1st, but I figure that you can bookmark this for coming years, and also, nearly the whole rest of the world is behind my time-zone, so it isn't quite as close to the 1st for you as it is for me. :)
I hope you had a good November!