Saturday, 9 August 2014

Thought dump

Everyday it seems, I start a post, and then don't finish it.

And I know this is something we all go through as bloggers (lucky you if you don't!), so I'm not here to complain. And I have decided instead that this week I just am going to thought dump, and it might be a jumble of randomness, or it might be something great, who knows.

And I don't know where my life is headed at the moment, it seems to turn on it's head every few seconds, so it is hard to write a blog that I want to reflect me, when I don't really know who 'me' is. Because I am different things to different people, as everyone is; a multifaceted being. At the moment I feel as if I am at a crossroads, and I know that the future is never set in stone, but it feels to me, in this moment, that the decisions I'm making are going to have a big impact on the rest of my life.

I was thinking about the nature of the future this afternoon. And it seems to me that the future is like the end of a rainbow. No matter how hard you try and reach it, you can only ever be where it has once been. It remains an elusive and unknown thing.

So here's to the future, and what it may hold. :)

10 comments:

  1. I get that a lot too Emma. It's okay to feel confused I believe. Just allow life to surprise you in the best ways possible. :)

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...it is hard to write a blog that I want to reflect me, when I don't really know who 'me' is. Because I am different things to different people..."

    yes. i understand that, Emma. just know that we hear you and whatever you write here we're going to love.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Abigail, that means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  3. Did I tell you, I absolutely love the way you write? You speak such great truths in so few words! Your wise words awes me! "...it is hard to write a blog that I want to reflect me, when I don't really know who 'me' is. Because I am different things to different people..." and then "And it seems to me that the future is like the end of a rainbow. No matter how hard you try and reach it, you can only ever be where it has once been. It remains an elusive and unknown thing."... applaud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me smile so much! I love writing, and I love that you love it too. :)

      Delete
  4. Exactly what Abigail quoted...

    We all go through that. Hell, I'm probably even going through it right now as we speak. You will find yourself Emma, I am almost 100% positive you will.

    Think of this as a journey. You'll learn, you'll make mistakes, but you'll learn.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making mistakes is so important!! I think it is one of the best ways to learn. Thanks Jes. :)

      Delete
  5. Emma, way to be wise beyond your years :P

    I like the idea of the future being a rainbow you can't reach the end of, I feel that, and I've sort of learnt that I shouldn't put time frames or goals on being happy. I should just be happy now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, I totally agree that being happy shouldn't be some distant future goal, it should be something for now. :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...