Wednesday, 23 July 2014

The Great Unknown - Abigail


Thank you so much for having me! I am 17 years old and about to begin my last year of high school.  I will be tying up loose ends and I’m actually looking forward to this school year because it will be more relaxed and my work load not as heavy.

What subjects will you be taking in your last year of school? What are your favourite subjects?
I will be taking a class on the american government, space and earth science, literature, maybe some grammar… I still haven’t nailed them all down yet.
My favorite subjects have been the world history and american history classes. I just love history and am good with maps and dates.

Are you planning to do any tertiary education? If so, what sort?
I have not been doing any college work, and honestly, I don’t know if I will. 
Here in the United States, almost everyone is expected to go to college, so my choice is usually met with a bit of apprehension, but I’m okay with it.
Right now, I just don’t feel called to go to college. That may change over the next year, I’m just taking it one step at a time. I also don’t think it’s bad to go to college a few years later than normal. I only want to go if I need to learn something. It’s too expensive to use it as a place for experiences or just killing time.
I had the opportunity not too long ago to get some credit hours in some cool classes, but it just didn't feel right.

What job are you doing at the moment and what does it entail? Do you enjoy it?
I work part time at my local public library. I do enjoy it very much. I grew up going to a library every week, so I’m really in my element. I’m an introverted and awkward person, so it has been good for me to work with patrons and has helped me come out of my shell. I also really love learning all the ins and outs of my small library.


What job do you want to be doing at the moment? 
Right now, I really love my library job. However, I can’t see myself working there for much longer. I live in a very small town and the library is very small and I could never work full time there, it’s just not big enough. While I can possibly see myself in a bigger town, I don’t know if I want that.

Do you have any regrets? Or any advice?
I’ve never enjoyed school and did just enough work to get by. But now I see that if I had really applied myself to my work instead of just viewing it as something I had to do, I could have had really good marks and a good time learning.

I love the way you put this, Emma. ‘The Great Unknown’. It is just that. I still feel so indecisive and confused sometimes. I can’t wait to get going with my life but I’m not quite ready to leave.
I have many interests and enjoy learning about so many other  things, too, there are so many choices.  I’ve been learning to just trust the Lord. He knows where I’m going and where I’ll be.
Jeremiah 29:11 says; “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and hope.”
It has become so, so comforting to know that my life and future is controlled by God. It may be unknown to me, but He knows, and when I am doing what He wants me to do, I cannot go wrong.
So here’s to The Great Unknown and my last year of school! I know that it will be good, especially under God’s watchful eye.

Thank you again for having me. I do enjoy your blog and sweet personality, keep up the great work.

Thank-you for being here Abigail! I really enjoyed your interview, especially because you are at a similar stage in life to me, so a lot of what you said resonated with me. I completely agree about uni/college, if you don't know what you want to do there, it can be quite a waste of money. And working at a library sounds awesome, I would love to give that a go :)
On another note guys, you may have noticed the change in my blog design. I did really like the other design, but the were some things that I wanted to change and update on it, which I couldn't because of the way it was made, and then I just wanted everything to be simpler, and voila! This appeared.
So, please let me know if links aren't working or other things like that, and do any of you know how to change the newer, home, older images at the bottom?
Slowly getting back to a regular schedule, I promise, and if there is anyone else who wants be a part of this, I would really love to interview you, just flick me an email at emmamcil55(at)gmail(dot)com. 
And one more thing, I did a post on Meg's blog recently, which was a lot of fun, and that you should definitely have a look at. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Emma! Emma! Your new layout! :D It's looking amazing! and also a new post in this series, too good! :)

    Its so good to learn more about Abigail! Good luck with your last year of high school girl! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg!! I loved learning more about Abigail too :)

      Delete
  2. Also loving the new layout Emma!

    Thanks for sharing Abigail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for having me :)
    I do enjoy your new layout, its very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...