Sunday, 27 July 2014

Jars of Joy

Hello everyone!

So, I was going to write this post as a tutorial for these cute wee jars, but because I am not in a great mood at the moment, I couldn't bring myself to write a happy, upbeat tutorial for them, which is really what they deserve. Instead I decided to write other stuff, and just to make me feel better, five minutes ago I finished this post, went to insert the images and the pop-up screen for the images came up blank, and the only way to get rid of it was by refreshing the page, which meant I lost the post I had just written. Yay for blogger!

I helped my little brother make these jars for his school gala, and I think they are so sweet, and kind of what I need right now. They gave me the idea to make a jar of messages for one of my friends, who is quite sick at the moment, and she has had to take a while off school, and I just thought she could use some cheering up as she has been at home by herself, getting a bit bored by the sounds of it. :)

My life is super busy at the moment guys. I can't remember if I told you this, but our choir got through to nationals, which means that we are practicing for twelve hours a week at the moment! Plus, applications for halls of residence for university open this week, and I live in a town that is too small to have a uni, so I will be moving to a different city to study next year. And of course there are other things happening too, like the year 13 ball this weekend (so excited!!!) and homework (eugh).
So, blogging isn't my top priority at the moment, and I promise I'm reading your posts, I just don't have time to comment! How is your life at the moment? Could you use a little jar of joy?





7 comments:

  1. These are real cute.

    I need to be a little bit more artistic. Thanks for the inspiration - I hope you're feeling better soon Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jes, and you're welcome for the inspiration. :) If you do make something I would love to see pictures!

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! I keep a jar, where I put little notes of happy things that happen to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really neat idea, I haven't heard of that before. It must be nice looking back through them. :)

      Delete
  3. This reminds me so much of childhood, we used to have a Garden Party at our primary school every year with jars like this. It put a smile on my face to remember that :)

    I hope you're not feeling too overwhelmed! I would love to hear about you applying for university and how everything has been going generally. I wish you were closer so we could just have a good old fashioned face to face about it. But if you wanted to write about that to get it out of your head, I would love to see it on the blog or in my inbox ;) But no pressure of course!

    Congratulations about your choir! That's so awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had a garden party at primary school, it sounds like a very cute celebration. I wish we could have a good old face to face too, but I guess email will have to do. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like things are going pretty exciting for you! Love the idea of these little jars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...