Saturday, 15 March 2014

Life lately

Hey guys!
So, I have never done a post like this before, but this week I had a bunch of little anecdotes that I wanted to share with you, so here goes;

First of all, a couple of nights ago I showed my brother this video, which is just so funny, and so tonight he gave me these pens! He bought them ironically of course, but I do feel slightly bad about having them, because Bic doesn't know he bought them ironically.


 photo bicforher_zpsf30000b6.jpg


Secondly, last night I got home late from babysitting and I was chatting to mum and we had such a good laugh! You know how wonderful it is to reminisce sometimes with your mum? We were talking about how bad my little brother used to be when babysitters would come, oh he would be so difficult and manipulative! It was especially funny because I had forgotten that he used to be like that; he is so good now.

Thirdly, today I made these four ingredient brownies! Man they are good. Warning though: do not put speckled eggs in them, the nice crunchy bit on the inside does not take well to being cooked.


Fourthly, I saw this version of the Fault in our Stars trailer, and it brought me to tears! And so of course I have been listening to the song on repeat since. :)

Fifthly, I read this post on A Wild and Wily Brunette Bombshell, which is one of my favourite blogs, and it really got me thinking. So far in this post I have talked about the things that I had to think hard about to remember, the things that made me happy this week. Because honestly this has not been a great week. But I wanted to think about the things that I would otherwise not have remembered, as when I looked back in this week these were not the things that I immediately thought about. What I thought about was my chemistry exam, the problems my friends are having, the stress of not knowing what you want to do after school when you are in your final year of school and time is slipping through your fingers. I was thinking of all the things I could have been doing, rather than what I was doing. And so, unlike Meg I am not sure enough of myself to safely say what I think of blogging, and to be sure of what I want my blog to be. I am changing a lot at the moment though, so I think being unsure is okay.
 photo emma_zpsa25ad91c.png





ps. what did you do when you left school?

14 comments:

  1. Make your blog what you want it to be. If that changes from day to day, that's ok, it's still YOU! Thanks for sharing your week with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, I quite liked sharing my week. :)

      Delete
  2. The Fault in Our Stars song by Troye Sivan! If I'm right he made that a year ago. Have you seen the original video Emma? If you haven't then you should hear the whole thing. It brought me to tears and it really is beautiful. Don't worry about changing things in your blog. It's normal and as long as it's still you then there is no problem in that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have definitely seen the original version, soooo good! Thank-you for your support Anne. :)

      Delete
  3. Great post Emma! I checked out the movie trailer and the four ingredient brownie recipe. I think the key with blogging is, keep doing it because you're enjoying it, only write about the things that YOU want to write about :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that sometimes I need to remind myself that. :)

      Delete
  4. Greatpost!for me blogging is a getaway from my routine..work and home..it s like when I was a teenager and was writting a diary!
    http://mygenerouslife.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Sometimes I will be bored or around people I don't like and I will think to myself, but I have this really fun blog that they don't know about! It really is a getaway :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome post! LOL, I literally cannot believe pens especially for women exist! & those brownies look spectacular! Your blog looks amazing, and I'm so happy that I came across it. I'm following you now on bloglovin & I can't wait to read much more! :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Leah! I have to admit that I have probably watched Ellen's video a few too many times, but they are so unbelievable! Also, you have a pretty awesome blog yourself, I love your writing. :)

      Delete
  6. I actually love those times where you get to have a good chat with your Mum! :)

    A cup of Jo is one of the first blogs I followed! The brownies look so good, I'm jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Cup of Jo was one of the first blogs I followed too! She's how I discovered blogging :) The brownies were pretty good, I think I'm going to have to make some more!

      Delete
  7. I love those chats with your mum where you just talk about old times and it's such a great feeling. Also yesss tfios trailer with Troyes song in it, it made me cry so much! I love Troye and the fact loads of people are now listening to this song makes me so happy! Also I love how if you buy it all the proceeds go to his local childrens cancer hospital, awhh there's just so many things about that song that makes me happy!x


    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great aren't they? Yeah, it is a pretty great song. :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...