Sunday, 30 March 2014

Another day, and on we go

I am just going to come straight out with it.
I think I have fallen in love with socks.





They are such a wonderful source of happiness. Every time I look at my feet I smile, especially when I have socks with faces on them, because they are so cute. Plus, they keep my feet nice and cozy.


Autumn is here now, and though the air grows ever colder, my spirits do not. You might have realised that I haven't been having the best time recently, and as I said in life lately, it is the little things that really help. That, and calm.com. The other day I was really not feeling good, and I just went onto the site for five minutes, and I swear I felt so much better for the rest of the afternoon. Sometimes just taking five minutes for yourself can make a world of difference.



Something that made me grin madly for a longer amount of time than it should have this week was Anne's post. Ever since Anne commented on my blog love post, we have been emailing almost everyday (everyday on her part, I am not quite as on to it as she is!) and she is so sweet and lovely and we have the best chats. It is really wonderful to have a friend who is a blogger, sometimes I think that you can feel a bit isolated when you blog and this is a wonderful solution. Emailing is such a brilliant way to connect with other bloggers, don't be scared to email a blogger you want to know better, they'd probably love to hear from you and you could get a friend from it too! I'll stop rambling now. (but seriously, thank-you Anne for being a wonderful friend) :)


 photo emma_zpsa25ad91c.png



19 comments:

  1. Emma! This post is the best post of all posts!
    Socks 5eva. I went sock shopping the other day but I do not own anything nearly as cute as some of these! I will have to life my sock game haha
    I am so glad that you have been connecting with bloggers, it's awesome :3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man you're awesome Meg! Socks 5eva! Bloggers are just awesome people in general, aren't they? :)

      Delete
  2. i love socks too! I've been a 'hippie' all my life and have hated socks, but this last winter during our 'polar vortex' i have grown a love for all sorts of socks.

    you've inspired me to email you to get to know you more! can I get a contact info? beccawaterloo@gmail.com

    oolretaw.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only discovered the luxury of socks recently too! I would love to :)

      Delete
  3. aw. such cuteness!
    i love that when you see them, you smile. i think it's wonderful that these little things in life can cheer us so.
    how wonderful that you've made such a friend.
    when i first started blogging i had no idea that i would connect with others so much.
    its been startlingly wonderful.

    ~Abigail
    http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the perfect way to describe blogging in general too, startlingly wonderful. Thank-you :)

      Delete
  4. Awww. Thank you too for being an awesome chummy Emma! It was so awesome meeting and emailing with you! I never thought I'd meet someone as wonderful as you. You've made a lot of my gloomy days brighter too. :)

    Hugs and Kisses, Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous post Emma! Your socks are super cute. You have inspired me to showcase my socks over at Pea Soup - A New Zealand Blogging Community today, and of course, I had to feature your post.

    Hayleigh xx
    www.peasoupnz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made me want to buy awesome socks! I am sadly lacking in the foot cover department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise, it is money well spent! :)

      Delete
  7. I like socks. and those are very cute socks! they are definitely more comfortable than shoes. why can't they make shoes as comfortable as socks?

    hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I feel like slippers are sometimes a good compromise, but they aren't really appropriate dinner attire. Why hasn't someone made shoes that look all fancy but actually feel like you are wearing socks?

      Delete
  8. Um so I found a pair of cute frilly bed socks in my drawer, brand new, and I got so excited. Then I realised that it was actually two pairs, not one, and I almost died haha

    P.s. I loved our little emails too :) Need to reply to you (sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting, finding something that you didn't know you had is the best!
      ps. don't worry :)

      Delete
  9. This is such a cute post and the pictures are adorable! I totally agree that just five minutes can be so useful! :)
    You're blog is gorgeous too <3

    http://www.teganmcn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love socks too! If anyone ever says they are stuck for a gift to get me, I say a pretty pair of socks will do just fine :D I'm glad I'm not alone in my sock love.

    Zoe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...