Sunday, 16 February 2014

Anonymous Letters

Hey,
So, I have been doing quite a bit of thinking lately, as per usual, which has led me to write this letter. You know when you barely know someone, but you are in a situation with them where you think, you deserve better than that, but you don't feel you know them well enough to say it to them? I decided to write a letter instead.

Dear R,
So, recently you have been saying to me how 'perfect' some people are, and I wanted you to know that while I seemed to be agreeing with you, I was really thinking this and felt that it wasn't the time or place to go into this.
First of all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think that you are an incredible person, who is bubbly, stunning and a great person to talk to. I do not think that you are perfect, in the same way that I do not think that I or E or anyone else for that matter, is perfect. Perfection is unattainable, and who would want to be perfect anyway? Wouldn't it be boring?
I am, of course, not perfect, but I am happy with who I am. I want you to understand that you should be too. Everyone has their own special imperfections and we are so much more because of that. Why would you want to be someone else when you could be you? Amazing, imperfect you?
You don't need to feel intimidated or silly around I or E. You are not less than them, they are not more than you. You are different and your friends and family love you for that.
Because this is so long that it is becoming an essay rather than a message, allow me to finish with a quote. :)
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. 
There is no one alive who is youer than you"
- Dr Suess

I know that it isn't just me who has seen things like this and wanted to say something but felt it was not their place. So I have made these two graphics for you to send to someone who you think deserves better. Just copy and paste, or pin it. :)





or

 photo Youdeservebetter_zps67b07f58.jpg

 photo emma_zpsa25ad91c.png

2 comments:

  1. I have definitely been in that situation a fair amount of times, and writing an anonymous letter is a really good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...