Monday, 27 January 2014

Introducing me

Hello there,
My name is Emma McIlroy. I am 17 years old. And this is what I look like.

I live in the South Island of New Zealand, which has about a quarter of all of the people in New Zealand, despite being the largest island.
I love music. I play piano, flute and have recently begun learning the guitar. I am learning to sing, which is exciting and scary at the same time. I have been in local productions of the Sound of Music and Cats; i.e. I like musicals.
I write. A lot. I have a box filled with my writing over the years, some of which is hilariously bad, some of which I am quite proud of.
I am about to begin my last year of school, which is called year 13 here, and I am therefore taking NCEA level 3. I still can't quite believe that this is my last year of schooling, it seems like it has come far too fast! My subjects are English, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
I read a lot of books. Mostly young adult, but I will happily read anything, including the backs of cereal packets.
I am shortsighted, and most of the time I wear the glasses in my header, but in the above picture I was wearing contacts.
I love blogging and I am very excited for this year, although I have no idea what it may hold.



6 comments:

  1. Hey Emma! This was an awesome post :)

    I love to music and singing too! I do my best to play the piano but it is not overly successful, I learnt to read music on the clarinet haha so bass clef is a bit slow going haha. I recently bought a Ukulele though, if you're trying to get into guitar they are good to practise on and a heap of fun :)
    The last year of school can be hectic but try to enjoy it, it will be over soon enough! It's so nice to read someone from New Zealand, I'm looking forward to a year of blogging.

    Also, thank you for taking the time to email the other week, I really appreciated it. HTML is not my friend haha.

    Lots of love from Australia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...