Sunday, 10 November 2013

Ignite the light, and let it shine

On Tuesday it was Guy Fawkes, and while I cannot understand how a country/countries come to celebrate something not being blown up by blowing things up (in the simplest of terms), sparklers are very pretty. :)
So, on the 5th November, on our lawn listening to what would be a car backfiring at any other time of the year (or elsewhere in the world, a gun), we took some long exposure shots of our sparklers!
I was very exited by sparklers in the shape of stars and hearts, they were great fun!

The picture below is where I attempted to write my name, but as you can see it didn't work out. I think I might be able to make out an 'a' though!



















Happy Sunday everyone (but don't tell the link up, we'll just pretend it's friday!)!
I hope you enjoy your week, wish me luck with my physics and english exams this week!

Random fact: In New Zealand we have to wait up relatively late for fireworks (especially for little kids) because it has just been daylight savings, and so it doesn't get properly dark until 9! I'm pretty sure you don't have to wait this late in the northern hemisphere, but let me know what time you have fireworks.

10 comments:

  1. You did such a good job with this! I tried a few weeks ago and failed miserably to write anything, not even a single letter. Yours look ethereal mine looked pretty funny lol! Oh well, I'll try again it was fun nonetheless! Thanks so much for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Sparklers are lots of fun, I love them! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't understand why we celebrate something not being blown up by blowing stuff up either but I do agree that sparklers (and other fireworks) are very pretty! :-) How did you manage to get those photos? Last time I tried to get pics of sparklers they were all blurry! Good luck with your exams! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took about 15 second exposure shots, and walked around a bit with the sparkler. I didn't really do anything that complicated!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I also tried my best to get shots like yours but couldn't for the life of me work it out, you did an amazing job!
    Good luck with exams,

    Hayleigh
    www.after-the-vows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I had the first exam today, one down, five to go!

      Delete
  4. that looks like so much fun! Its not even 5pm right now and its almost pitch dark outside :( Darn Canadian Winter! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like only yesterday it was getting dark at 5 here too! Daylight savings really makes the daylight hours change quickly :)

      Delete
  5. I love doing these, so much fun but so difficult! It gets dark her in England at around 5 now! if not earlier, It's so rubbish!!

    Guy

    http://quickgetmycamera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I was doing something different, but I found these really easy! Maybe it was the camera I used because I literally just put it on a 15 second exposure shot and that was it!

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...