Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Tutorial: Redecorated storage - magazine files


Greetings!
This post stems from a recent post of mine, spring clean pt 1. It is one of the artsy posts I said I would do, and there will be more after this, when I finish tidying my room! So, without further ado...

Tutorial:
What I used: 
-scrapbook paper
-magazine files
-pencil
-ruler
-scissors
-gluestick
(Feel free to use this as inspiration to spice up what storage you have already, I just did this because I thought that the black ends of these were ugly. Also, I know most people put magazine files  the other way around, but I think it looks neater when you can't see all the messy books and paper inside!)


1. Gather your materials



2. Measure and cut your paper to size. Mine had a strip at the bottom advertising the person who made the paper, so I covered it with a strip of white paper. If your paper doesn't quite fit then you could also cut a strip of white paper or this could be a good place to label it, as another way to fill the gap. :)


3. Glue it down and voila! You are done. I kept pressure on mine for a few minutes, because I don't entirely trust the strength of glue from a gluestick.


























I hope you enjoyed this, and that you are having a lovely week. It is the first week of the last term of the year here in New Zealand, and I have to say that I am actually pretty happy to be back at school (apart from all the homework of course!)

7 comments:

  1. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!
    What a clever idea, I have sooo many magazines in my room its out of control!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I just have so many random books and magazines and such, even with this they don't all fit! :)

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic Emma! So simple yet so pretty, I have a bundle of magazines that I had no idea what to do with and now I know so THANKYOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...