Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Spring clean - part 1

Salutations,
Here in New Zealand it is spring, and my room is definitely in need of a clean out. I have a tendency to put things down in my room, thinking that I will put it in a better place later, but I never do.
The result? There is a lot of stuff that doesn't belong in my room in my room, and I am going to get rid of it! (or so I hope).
The first part of the spring clean is the getting rid of things and tidying up, and the second part is redecoration, which is the part I'm most looking forward to!
First of all, I don't get rid of old school books, yet I never refer back to them, so you think I would have cottoned on to this by now, that they need to go. This is three years worth of school books, minus a few from the first year:

When I'm tidying, I always listen to music, I find it increases my productivity tenfold. :)
One thing that I have discovered in this process is that I have a lot of craft supplies, so you can expect a few more artsy things posts coming up! I really need to start using them, otherwise they just sit there taking up valuable space.
My bedroom is not very big, but it is big enough. However because it is not very big I do have only the essentials in there, or at least I try to. :)
Moving on to the far more exciting part, I am getting ideas for how to redecorate from Pinterest, which you should definitely follow me on, because I do a lot of pinning :)

Do you have any tips on tidying your room? Do you do it very often? (I do it about once yearly)







ps. I do apologise for the randomness of this post; the disjointed thoughts. My brain just doesn't seem to want to work properly today! :)

6 comments:

  1. Story of my life. I am continusly making a whole heap of mess in my room. And considering it's Spring here in Aus too, I should probably start organizing my space.

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope this spring clean will last more than a week, but experience suggests otherwise :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see some of your artsy stuff! I hate clutter, so I am constantly cleaning - that said we do 2 major overhaul of things that pile up - once in the spring, and once in the fall!

    ps. pinterest rules.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate clutter too, I'm just too lazy to do anything about it! :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing inspiration. I really enjoy it!
    Please give me more pretty stuff like that. I LOVE IT!
    <3

    Greetings,
    HOLYKATTA

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...