Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Wondrous Words

I like to collect words. These are just a few that I enjoy saying, like the way the word looks or love the meaning of. Do you have any words that you have come across and loved? I keep a list of them in my diary, and whenever I'm bored I read through them, and they amuse me. (Odd, I know, but what can you do?) I also love people who have a wide vocabulary, they brighten my day! :)
I also forgot one word, and that is honesty. I love it for its meaning. I believe that 'honesty is the best policy', but I also think that 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything'. I don't like it when people use honesty as an excuse for being mean, I believe in honesty in its most innocent form.
Finally, don't you just love the word marvellous? I love the way it rolls around your mouth and I will drop it into conversation with the smallest of excuses just so I can say it.
I hope you are all having a marvellous day (see?) and that if you are a bit glum, at least take some comfort in the fact that glum is a superb word!!

7 comments:

  1. My current favorite word is 'glorious.' I don't know why, but I think it's a beautiful word. :-)

    The love for words is not an odd thing at all! So keep collecting at your heart's content! :-)

    ~Irene, Melodies In The Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love glorious too!! In fact, had I thought of it, it would definitely have made the list :)

      Delete
  2. there are lots of words to love of cause, some of my favorites are veer, zephyr(cause there's not many z words to like), fly, solace and sweet. there's more but those are the ones I can think of now.

    I notice your favorite words are mostly adjectives, but all wonderful words.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hadn't noticed that they are mostly adjectives, I guess I just like to describe!! The words you said are lovely words, I especially like solace :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank-you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
    2. I am so, so, so sorry, I just accidentally deleted your comment, the cat walked over the keyboard! I don't know how to get it back, I'm sorry :(

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...