Saturday, 21 September 2013

Take a risk, take a chance, make a change

These are my musings from earlier this year on my struggles with deciding what subjects to take for my last year of school. It follows on my feelings from 'now I'm free falling'.

It is so hard to know the right choice when society gives out such conflicting messages.
Teachers and guest speakers at school say choose your passion, while books treat jobs as a means to pay the rent and complain about. Society revers those who make an impact on the world and become 'famous', yet older people in our lives tell us that such dreams are not realistic and we should strive for more achievable, reliable careers. We have have freedom of choice, but many a time I long to be free from choice.


On a different note, I have recently rediscovered my love of Narnia, and I am a bit sad after doing some googling and discovering that it is not likely that there will be another Narnia film until 2018! But when watching Prince Caspian, I feel in love with this song again.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vanessa, I only follow blogs that I enjoy reading, and I like your blog, so I have followed it, but please to do not feel obliged to follow me back, I would far prefer it if you followed my blog because you enjoy reading it, not because I followed you :)

      Delete
  2. It's so true. Trying to figure all of that stuff out is so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes feel like I'll never figure it out, but then I think I've got to think positively!

      Delete
  3. My honest advice is listen to what YOU want, don't ever listen to your teachers who tell you to get a 'real job' or even to go to uni after high school. I listened, I wasted so much time and money doing things I was told I would want to do when really I didn't. Now at 24 I am heading down a path of what I want to do because I listened to myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...