Monday, 30 September 2013

Liebster Award and Update

Hello all,
I have been ill this week, and so I have not posted, because I find it hard to motivate myself to do anything when I'm sick. But the worst is over now, and I couldn't not do this post because I'm too excited! (yes, I just used a double negative)

Sooooo......
Emily Jane nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is awesome, plus her questions are really good, so I'm sure you're in for a good read :)
Questions
1. What is your favourite place to visit?
My Gran and Grandad's house. They live on a farm in rural Canterbury (middle of the South Island) and our cousins also live there, and we always just have so much fun, roaming the farm doing whatever we like!

2. Something you can't live without?
I'm tempted to say water, but I know that's not the point. Hmmm, I would probably say laughter. It would be a dreary world with no laughter.

3. What is the reason for starting your blog?
The reason I started my blog is a series of events. Firstly, I discovered the land of blogs when my mother showed me something on A Cup of Jo, at which point I thought that I would really like to do that but I was too scared. Then at school we made private blogs using blogger for a school assignment, and so I then knew how to use blogger. And so after a few more months I got the courage to make my own blog, and here we are! And also, the other reason is, I love writing (and reading).

4. What is your favourite book?
My favourite book, which I mentioned in this post, and am rereading again at the moment, is Anna and the French Kiss. It just makes me so happy everytime I read it, the characters are fantastic, and really, what more could you want from a book?

5. If for a day, you could be anybody, who would you be and why?
I would be........ oh wow, this is hard. Let me see, I would be Clara Oswin Oswald. Why? So I could meet the Doctor, obviously :) Also, Clara is my favourite companion!

6. What is your guilty pleasure? (It can be anything!)
I love to sing (but don't tell anyone;)!)

7. Do you have any phobias?
Yes, I have a phobia of heights, which almost stopped me from going up the Eiffel Tower, but my parents made me, telling me how much I would regret it if I didn't, but I clung to centre the whole time, and kept my knees so bent I was nearly sitting :)

8. Favourite flower?
Blossom, any blossom and all blossoms.

9. What is the bravest thing you've ever done?
Toss up between starting this blog and going up the aforementioned Eiffel Tower! (yes, I know, not particularly adventurous)

10. Best school memory :)
When I was in primary school (elementary for those of you from the US) I had a really great group of friends, and one lunchtime we were throwing a ball over a roof and we just spent the whole lunchtime giggling about it, because we weren't actually allowed to be doing it, but we just stopped and looked innocent as teachers walked past, before bursting into fits of giggles :)

Nominees
Now for the fun part. I nominate:
Vanja from Crayons and Beads
Beth from Beth's Journal
Anne from Anne's Scribbles and Doodles
Emily from Stitching a Dream
Grace from Gracelles
Becca from Ladyface Blog
Rajrupa from Riot of Random
Nicole from Somewhere between Here and There
Lissa from the rain girl
And last but not least Molly from Fairly Molly

My questions for all you lovely bloggers are:
1. What do you love about where you live?
2. Worst friend experience?
3. What is your favourite part of blogging?
4. Rain; love it or hate it?
5. What is your favourite movie?
6. What was/is your least favourite school subject? (from any year)
7. Where would you live in the world, if you could?
8. Can you play a musical instrument?
9. What is your favourite song right now?
10. What was your best day this year?


21 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to refer you to what I commented here, the same applies :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me! I'm so happy about it, really!:) And thank you for your nice comment on my blog!
    I liked this post a lot and your questions are very interesting. I'll try to do this award soon.

    By the way, a random question... When you write your blog's link in the comment section, what do you write before/after the link so people can click on it? I hope you understand my question (I'm not so good at English). :P Because my link always ends up like this:
    http://crayonsandbeads.blogspot.com

    Have a nice day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I actually didn't know how myself, but now we can both learn! You just type
      VISIBLE TEXT
      It's really that easy! Thanks for asking, and I look forward to your answers :)

      Delete
    2. Right, well that did work, but it didn't let you see what I did :) oops!
      so, this has dashes (-) in, but take out the dashes for it to work :)
      <-a href=-"YOURURL"->VISIBLETEXT-<-/a>

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Emma for nominating me! I will try to do a post on your award and questions soon. Its gonna be so much fun answering the questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I look forward to your post :)

      Delete
  4. Nice to get to know you a little more :)

    .:Marta:.

    petiteraisin.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the nomination. #9 is the same for me too. I think I also had the same thought about blogging, because it seems odd presenting yourself to the world and yet, the up side won out so I never regret starting my blog.

    I am afraid of heights too. when I walked the Brooklyn Bridge, it just as like your Eiffel experience, you're up there and somehow there is no support even though there is. but I think it's good to do something that frightens now and then, just to experience it.

    thanks again & hope you're feeling much better now. have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what you say about regret is right, I certainly don't regret doing the bravest things I've done, I definitely don't regret starting this blog or going up the Eiffel Tower :)
      I am feeling better now thank-you :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for nominating my sweet heart!!! I really really appreciate it, you've made my whole day/week! About to follow you, lots of love, have a wonderful week sweet heart xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I hope you have a lovely week too :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank-you! It isn't really an award, it's more like a tagging game, but thank-you anyway :)

      Delete
  9. I am putting your button on my blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I have put yours on mine too :)

      Delete
  10. Hey Emma! I know this took quite some time. Oh gosh it's a year to be exact. What happened to the days? They flew by.... Here's my take on the Liebster award. It was so much fun to do!

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles: The Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...