Friday, 30 August 2013

Sleep until the sun goes down

I just want to fall asleep. For my eyes to close and stay closed, for unconsciousness to take over my busy mind. I don't want to have to think anymore, I want my mind to be empty of thought. Empty, devoid, and calm. I want to feel no stress, to forget the things weighing on my mind. At least until morning. 
I long for my body to sink into the bed, relaxed completely. The feeling of the covers holding me and keeping me snuggled and warm. The pillow supporting my head. The sheets tucked in. I want to curl up, and put my earphones in. For music to take me to my imagination.
I want the safety and security that is sleep.
I'm just so tired.



P.s. I have practice exams coming up and so I'm sorry that this post and the next couple won't be as long as they could be :)

6 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope you get some rest soon! It's so frustrating not to be able to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you :) it is very frustrating, and leads to late night writing (such as this)

      Delete
  2. you make it sound so dreamy but I know the feeling : -)
    Good luck with your practice exams! :)

    xo Grace @http://gracelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I'm quite nervous about them, but hopefully all will be well :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you got a good night's rest, or at least a rest in general.

    Love your blog, and good luck with your exams! I know, they're a pain! :(

    Jes | Nautrally Jes





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully with all this good luck they'll go brilliantly! Thank-you :)

      Delete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...