Sunday, 25 August 2013

Now I'm free falling

It is just about the scariest thing. When you realise that you must let go of everyone's expectations of your life, including your own, especially your own. You need to forget what you thought you wanted, to be brave and to understand that you might just find what you really, truly want. Your favourite things, all muddily and higgledy-piggledy they may be, what you truly love and could spend the rest of your life doing is, but of course, the very thing that you want and really should spend the rest of your life doing.
It is equivalent to abseiling. To make the first step off the ground, safety, and all that you know, you have to put faith in the rope while your whole body is shaking with adrenaline and fear of the very action you are about to take. And, of course, once you have taken that first step you realise that there was nothing to worry about, and in fact this is one of the best times of your life. The first step was the hardest. Granted, there may be a few bumps, but they are really just there so you appreciate the thrill of the rest.
But it is not like abseiling. There is no rope to hold you and save you if things go badly.
But wouldn't you rather they go badly doing what you love, than what you think you might love?



9 comments:

  1. I really really like your writing! You could write a book someday, I think it would be awesome:)

    http://crayonsandbeads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! :) You have no idea how happy your comment made me! (Although, I am slightly ashamed of the number of mistakes I just found, I must remember to proof read!)

      Delete
    2. It can happen to anyone, don't worry!:)

      Delete
  2. I really love the way you write, it creates a picture in my head! Such a lovely blog, I've just followed you :-)

    www.bethicorn.blogspot.com

    hope you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful day too :)

      Delete
  3. Just loved the post! Truly its the first step that matters the most!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...