Wednesday, 7 August 2013

If you want to make the world a better place...


When I was little, I used to dream that one day when I grew up I would go to impoverished countries, and with the help of the local people, put on a musical so that all of the important people who made the decisions for that country would see how they were wronging the people, and would immediately fix it, and then there wouldn't be any unhappy people anymore.
As I grew up, I realised that it is a little bit more complicated than that. Every country has its problems, some admittedly worse than others, and there isn't a quick and easy way of solving them all. But what I think is more achievable is basic human rights. This can be so easy to support, from simply buying fair trade products, so you know that the people who made your product are actually getting a reasonable income from it, and aren't being forced to work in appalling conditions to make it.
When I was younger, I thought that to make a difference in the world you had to fix everything in a huge gesture of awareness, but now I realise that you can't fix everything, but you can help people, in little ways or big ways, and they all help to make a difference :)
ps. Yes, I know the text is really big, blogger is being very annoying, and I decided too big was better than too small!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...