Saturday, 6 July 2013

6 Books I love


I read a lot, and I can't go more than a week without reading a book. And so I thought I would share some of the books I love, not necessarily my favourites, because there are so many good ones, and not ones that everyone knows are good anyway (eg. Harry Potter).
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
When you first look at this book you might pass it off as being your run-of-the-mill teen romance, but it is so much better. I can't even explain why it is so fantastic and wonderful, it's so easy to read and funny and I could read it over and over and not get sick of it. You just have to read it, it is the best.

2. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
This isn't for those who don't enjoy non-fiction, but if you are unsure, just give it a go. It is completely and utterly fascinating, all about first impressions, and when it is good to suppress them and when it isn't and a bunch of other really cool stuff!
3. The Tomorrow Code by Brian Falkner
This is set in Auckland (yay New Zealand!) and is such a good book. It is essentially a paradoxical thriller (not really a scary thriller though) and you don't really understand it all until the very end. 
4. The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted by Bridget Asher
This is a beautiful story set in France and the US. I really enjoyed it because of the different perspective it puts on things, with romance and tragedy all bound together into one stunning read.
5. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
This is quite a sad story, but it is very well written and really draws you in. It is also very relatable because of the way it shows the way lies spiral out of control, and the longer you leave telling the truth, the harder it gets.
6. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
This book has similar ideas to the Hunger Games, but it was written in 1999 in Japanese. It is so, so good, and I couldn't put it down. It is a bit hard to find but definitely worth the search. Each person has such realistic reactions to the situation, and throughout the story you are told why each person reacts in their own way, because of their past.
Images 2-6 courtesy of google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you very much for commenting, you just brightened my day. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...